Caterfood History

Caterfood was established in 1970 by Mike & Babs Felton, operating out of an ex Walls depot in Torquay.

A Brief History

  • 1970 - Caterfood is established
  • 1984 - Number of stocked lines reach 1000
  • 1987 - A distribution depot opens in St Austell
  • 1989 - Torquay depot relocates to a purpose built depot in Paignton and St Austell closes
  • 1998 - Caterfood expands further by purchasing further units in Paignton
  • 2000 - The company moves into ambient and chilled foods
  • 2004 - Maple House is purchased and houses all Caterfood offices and ambient & chilled foods
  • 2006 - Caterfood set up internal marketing department
  • 2007 - Caterfood start non-food products
  • 2008 - Caterfood join Food & Drink Devon
  • 2008 - Caterfood purchase Tamar Valley Ice Cream and change name to Yarde Farm
  • 2010 - Caterfood purchase Quality Cuisine South West Ltd
  • 2012 - Caterfood purchase Motec South West, and are able to service their own delivery vehicles
  • 2012 - Caterfood form a meat partnership with RML Meats
  • 2014 - Awaded BRC in storage / distribution
  • 2015 - Caterfood introduce new business intelligent systems



• Caterfood are Taste of the West and Food & Drink Devon members and buy from 125 different companies based in the West Country.
• Caterfood operate around the clock taking orders by 22.00 and 23.00 in Devon and Cornwall.