Caterfood was established in 1970 by Mike & Babs Felton, operating out of an ex Walls depot in Torquay.
A Brief History
- 1970 - Caterfood is established
- 1984 - Number of stocked lines reach 1000
- 1987 - A distribution depot opens in St Austell
- 1989 - Torquay depot relocates to a purpose built depot in Paignton and St Austell closes
- 1998 - Caterfood expands further by purchasing further units in Paignton
- 2000 - The company moves into ambient and chilled foods
- 2004 - Maple House is purchased and houses all Caterfood offices and ambient & chilled foods
- 2006 - Caterfood set up internal marketing department
- 2007 - Caterfood start non-food products
- 2008 - Caterfood join Food & Drink Devon
- 2008 - Caterfood purchase Tamar Valley Ice Cream and change name to Yarde Farm
- 2010 - Caterfood purchase Quality Cuisine South West Ltd
- 2012 - Caterfood purchase Motec South West, and are able to service their own delivery vehicles
- 2012 - Caterfood form a meat partnership with RML Meats
- 2014 - Awaded BRC in storage / distribution
- 2015 - Caterfood introduce new business intelligent systems
- 2016 - Caterfood add the Wine Cellar to our range
- 2017 - 8000 sq/ft Ambient unit is added to the rear of Maple House
• Caterfood are Taste of the West and Food & Drink Devon members and buy from 125 different companies based in the West Country.
• Caterfood operate around the clock taking orders by 22.00 and 23.00 in Devon and Cornwall.